Twitter has become a very populare social website where you tell the world what your doing in 140 characters.
You can always follow me on Twitter
Since I've started to teach myself the Ruby dynamic programming language you can use this Ruby script to send yourself notification to Google Talk when a friend post a message to Twitter.
1) Download Ruby
2) Install Ruby and setup a path to C:\Ruby\bin
3) Install the twitter gem: gem install twitter
4) Install the Jabber gem: gem install xmpp4r
5) Update the script by adding your Twitter username and password, Google Talk username (like email@example.com), password and notification address (like firstname.lastname@example.org)
6) run the script: ruby TwitterIMNotify_share.rb
I love Ruby! :)